|1/2 cup olive oil||4-5 spring onions||Bunch of fresh dill||2 leeks, chopped|
|2 zucchini, chopped||Pinch of Maldon sea salt||1 tsp nutmeg (optional)||2 eggs|
|900g fresh spinach, rinsed & chopped||8 sheets phyllo dough||300g Dodoni feta, crumbled|
- Preheat oven to 175°C. Grease a 9×9 inch square baking pan.
- In a blender, mix together the zucchini, leaks & spring onion until coarse.
- Heat 3 tbsp olive oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add the ingredients from the blender & sauté. Stir in spinach, dill, a pinch of sea salt & nutmeg; sauté until spinach is limp, approx. 2 min. Remove from heat.
- In a bowl, mix together the eggs & feta. Stir in spinach mixture.
- Lay 1 sheet of phyllo dough in your baking pan. Brush phyllo generously with olive oil. Lay another sheet of phyllo on top & brush with olive oil. Repeat with 2 more sheets of phyllo (the sheets will overlap the pan).
- Spread cheese & spinach mixture into pan & fold overhanging dough over filling. Brush with oil, then layer remaining 4 sheets of phyllo dough, brushing each with olive oil. Be sure to tuck overhanging dough into pan to seal filling. Bake for 30-40 min. or until crisp & golden brown.
- Serve hot cut in squares.