|1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil||1/2 medium onion, peeled and diced||1 garlic clove, minced||1 medium yellow or red bell pepper, chopped|
|2 jars tomato pulp||1 tsp chillipaste||1 tsp paprika||1 tsp cumin|
|Pinch of sugar||5-6 Farm Fresh eggs||Maldon sea salt||Fresh black pepper|
|1/2 tbsp parsley|
- Heat a deep, large skillet or saute pan on medium heat.
- Heat the olive oil, add chopped onion &saute for a few minutes until the onion begins to soften. Add garlic &saute until mixture is translucent.
- Add the bell pepper &saute for 5-7 min. over medium heat until soft.
- Add tomato pulp to the pan & stir well. Add spices & sugar, stir well & allow mixture to simmer over medium heat for 5-7 min. until it starts to reduce. Taste & spice according to preference.
- Crack the eggs, one at a time, directly over the tomato mixture, making sure to space them evenly over the sauce. Place 4-5 eggs around the outer edge & 1 in the center. The eggs will cook over easy on top of the tomato sauce.
- Cover the pan & allow mixture to simmer for 10-15 min. or until the eggs are cooked & the sauce has slightly reduced.
- Garnish with chopped parsley.
You May Also Like