|4 Egg Whites||1 Cup Caster Sugar||1 tsp. White Wine Vinegar|
|½ Tbsp. Cornstarch||½ tsp. Vanilla Extract|
|2 Tbsp. Icing Sugar||1 Cup Heavy Cream||1/2 tsp. Vanilla Extract|
|300g Fresh Raspberries||250g Red currants, Blueberries or other fruit of choice (peaches, kiwi, etc)|
- Preheat oven to 130C. Draw the shape of a plate (7 inch) circle, on a piece of baking paper.
- Using a hand mixer whisk the egg whites, until you are able to form stiff peaks; then whisk in the sugar gradually, 1 Tbsp. at a time, until the meringue looks glossy and the sugar has dissolved completely. Whisk in the vanilla. With a rubber spatula, gently fold the vinegar and cornstarch into the meringue.
- With your rubber spatula, spread the meringue inside the circle on the baking paper, be sure to make the sides slightly higher than the centre of the circle.
- Bake from approximately 60-70 minutes, or until pale. Turn off the oven, and allow to cool entirely inside the oven.
- Once the meringue has cooled, whip the cream with a hand blender or electric mixer, until you can form soft peaks. Mix in the sugar and vanilla, and layer the cream in the centre of the meringue. Add the fruit on top of the cream, and serve immediately.
You May Also Like