|1 kg Gourmet Aussie lamb cubes or chicken||3 cups basmati rice||1 packet tomato pulp||4 tbsp vegetable oilt|
|6 cups of water||4 garlic cloves, crushed||1 large onion, finely sliced||Lemon zest|
|Maldon sea salt||Gourmet pine nuts, cashews & raisins|
Kabsa Spice Mix (Add equal tsp of each:)
|Black pepper||Turmeric||Coriander seeds||All spice|
- Heat the vegetable oil in a heavy pan.
- Add the meat & brown from all sides. When the meat sizzles, add the onion & garlic. Brown them & add the tomato pulp. Sauté for about 4 min.
- Add the spice mix, salt & pepper. Let simmer for a few minutes, then add the water. Boil & turn to medium heat. Simmer until meat is tender, remove the meat from pan & set aside.
- Remove 3 cups of the meat stock & place in a pot & allow the remaining stock to simmer on medium heat; this will be the sauce for the rice.
- In a large bowl, wash then drain the rice.
- Add 3 cups of water to the pot with your 3 cups of meat stock. Add 1/4 tsp of turmeric. When the stock boils, add rice & cover. When half the water has been absorbed, add the meat & finish cooking the rice.
- Fry the nuts in 1 tbsp vegetable oil until golden. Add the raisins & stir for a few seconds. Remove & drain excess oil on kitchen towels.
- To serve, place rice & meat in a serving dish. Add the sauce & top with the nuts & raisins.