|800g Young Angus Beef Cubes||3 tbsp olive oil||3 gloves garlic, chopped||1 onion, diced|
|1 cup celery, diced||1 cup carrots, diced||800g chopped canned tomatoes||3 tbsp tomato paste|
|2 cups Gourmet Essentials beef stock with 1 cup water||3 bay leaves||Maldon sea salt||Freshly ground black pepper|
- Season beef cubes with sea salt & pepper.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil over high heat in a large heavy pot. Add the beef cubes and sear on all sides, approx 2 min. Remove onto a plate.
- Turn heat down and add an additional 2 tbsp olive oil to pot. Add garlic and onion and sauté for 1-2 min. Add carrots & celery and sauté for 5 min.
- Add tomatoes, tomato paste, stock, seared beef cubes & bay leaves to pot. Turn the heat up and bring to a low boil, then turn down to low. Cover the pot and cook for 1 hour 30 min. Then remove the lid and let it cook for a further 15 min. until beef is very soft and easy to pull apart, and the liquid is thick.
- Turn off heat and remove the beef cubes from the sauce into a large bowl. Shred the beef and then return to the sauce. Keep on very low heat until ready to serve.
- For the pasta: bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- Add the pasta and cook according to packet instructions. Be careful to not overcook the pasta.
- Reserve one cup of pasta water and add it to your ragu sauce.
- Drain pasta and transfer to sauce . Toss pasta gently until it is evenly coated.
- Serve immediately with a garnish of parmesan and chopped parsley.