|1 1/2 Cups Flour||2 Tbsp. White Sugar||1/2 tsp. Salt|
|1/2 Cup Butter||4 Tbsp. Ice Water|
|1 1/2 Cups Sugar||3/4 Cup Butter (melted)||1/3 Cup Flour|
|1/3 Cup Cacao Unsweetened||1 Tbsp. Corn Syrup||1 tsp. Vanilla Extract|
|3 Eggs||1 Cup Toasted Pecans|
|3/4 Cup Sugar||1/3 Cup Heavy Cream||1 Tbsp. Lemon Juice|
|Sprinkle of Salt||2 Cups Toasted Pecan Halves|
Preheat Oven to 185°C
- Crust: In a medium bowl, combine flour, salt and white sugar. Cut butter into flour mixture until it resembles coarse crumbs. Gradually sprinkle the water over the dry mixture, stirring until dough comes together enough to form a ball. On a floured surface flatten dough ball with rolling pin. Roll out into a circle that is one inch larger than pie dish. Place pie shell into dish and refrigerate until pie filling is complete.
- Filling: Mix together sugar, butter, flour, cacao, corn syrup and vanilla in a large bowl. Add the eggs stirring until well blended. Fold in the pecans & pour mixture into pie crust.
- Bake for 35 minutes in preheated oven; once cooked remove from oven to a wire rack.
- Topping: Boil sugar, lemon juice and 1/4 cup water in a medium saucepan over high heat (do not stir). Allow to boil swirling occasionally after sugar begins to change color approximately 8 minutes (make sure sugar does not burn). Remove from heat; add cream and 4 Tbsp. butter. Stir constantly until bubbling stops and butter is incoporated (1 min). Add a sprinkle of salt.
- Arrange pecan halves on pie. Top with warm caramel topping; allow to cool for 15 minutes; sprinkle with sea salt and serve.
Tip: add a scoop of vanilla ice cream if you feel like indulging!