|1 1/2 cups Arborio rice||1 jar dried Sabarot porcini mushrooms||2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil||1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated|
|3 cups Gourmet Essentials chicken stock, kept warm on low heat||1 small red onion, finely chopped||2 garlic cloves, finely chopped||6 tbsp butter|
|3 tbsp parsley, chopped||Freshly grated black pepper||Maldon sea salt|
- Soak the mushrooms in hot water for 20 min. or until soft. Drain and reserve the water. Be sure to separate the reserved liquid from the sediment.
- Heat the olive oil and 3 tbsp butter in a large heavy based saucepan, add the onion and garlic and sauté over low heat until soft.
- Add the rice and cook it, stirring constantly for 3 min. until it becomes translucent.
- Add half a cup of the mushroom water and stir until it has been absorbed by the rice, then add another cup and repeat method.
- Slowly ladle in the chicken stock, allowing each ladle to be absorbed before adding more and stirring regularly.
- With the last two ladles, add mushrooms, grated parmesan, chopped parsley, 3 tbsp butter and season with sea salt & black pepper.
- Serve immediately while hot and garnish with fresh parsley, parmesan & black pepper.
You May Also Like