|600g Aussie lamb leg, diced||1 onion, cut into thin strips, (Julienne)||3 carrots, sliced||2 garlic cloves, minced|
|10 pcs Gourmet prunes, cut into pieces||10 pcs Gourmet apricots, cut into pieces||1 tsp turmeric||1 tsp coriander|
|1 packet tomato pulp||1 tsp cumin||½ tsp saffron||2 pcs pickled lemon skin, chopped|
|2 tbsp fresh coriander, chopped||Pinch of Maldon sea salt||Pinch of black pepper|
- Pre-heat oven to 200°C.
- Heat the oil in a casserole dish over medium heat. Add the onion & cook for 5 min. until soft. Add the garlic, pickled lemon skin & spices & cook for 1-2 min.
- Add the lamb & dried fruit to the casserole. Pour over the tomato pulp & stock, season well & bring to a boil.
- Put the lid on the casserole dish & transfer to the oven. Cook for 1 hour, stir the tajine & return to the oven, uncovered for 30 more min.
- Check the seasoning & consistency. Vegetables should be soft & sauce a little thick.
- Serve in a tajine plate & sprinkle chopped coriander on top. You can serve with couscous on the side.