|300g Australian Lamb Leg, cut in 2cm pieces||2 1/2 tbsp olive oil||200g pumpkin, peeled and diced||2 celery stalks|
|1 onion, diced||1 red capsicum, diced||2 cloves garlic, finely chopped||1 1/2 tsp ground ginger|
|1 1/2 tsp ground cumin||1 bay leaf||1 1/2 tsp smoked paprika||1 cinnamon stick|
|3 cups Gourmet Essentials Vegetable Stock||800g canned chickpeas, drained & rinsed||400g chopped tomatoes|
- Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add vegetables and saute for 3 min. until they start to soften. Stir in spices until fragrant, then add stock, chickpeas and tomatoes & bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium, season to taste with sea salt and pepper and simmer for about 40 min to 1 hour.
- Season meat with sea salt & fresh pepper and set aside.
- Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a large casserole and add half the meat. Cook over medium-high heat for 3-4 min until evenly browned.
- Remove the meat and add the remaining cubes to the casserole. Cook for 3 min, or until brown. Remove from casserole and add to the first batch.
- Add the onions to the casserole followed by the garlic. Saute for 1-2 min and then add the lamb cubes. Sprinkle the flour on top and stir to coat.
- Add the stock, spices, bay leaf, chickpeas & tomatoes. Bring to a boil and simmer for around 40 min. Add the pumpkin and simmer for an additional 20 min.
- Stir in a handful of the parsley & a squeeze of lemon juice. Serve hot with a dollop of thick yogurt.