|4 organic eggs, poached||100g Smoked Salmon||4 slices of Gourmet’s Rustic Loaf|
|1 pack Gourmet’s Original Guacamole||2 Tbsps. butter||4 sprigs fresh dill for garnish|
|Optional: 1/2 cup Hollandaise sauce|
To Poach Eggs:
- Make sure your eggs are really fresh and crack your egg into a bowl
- Add a drop of vinegar (you can add this to the water in the pan if you prefer).
- Bring a pan of water filled at least 5cm deep to a simmer. Don't add any salt as this may break up the egg white.
- Stir the water to create a gentle whirlpool to help the egg white wrap around the yolk.
- Slowly tip the egg into the centre. Make sure the heat is low enough not to throw the egg around – there should only be small bubbles rising.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes or until the white is set.
- Lift the egg out with a slotted spoon and drain it on kitchen paper.
To Make Hollandaise:
- 3 large egg yolks
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Pinch of black pepper
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- Place eggs yolks, salt, pepper, and 1 tbsp lemon juice in the blender jar.
- Cut the butter into pieces and place it in a small saucepan. Heat it till it's melted, hot and foamy.
- Cover the jar of the blender and blend the egg yolk mixture at top speed for 2 seconds. Uncover, still blending at top speed, and immediately start pouring the hot melted butter in a thin stream of droplets.
- By the time two thirds of the butter has gone in, the sauce will be a thick cream. Omit the milky residue at the bottom of the pan. Taste the sauce, and blend in more seasonings and lemon juice to taste.
- Serve immediately
For the Benedict:
- Cut four 2cm thick slices of Gourmet’s Country Loaf & toast them.
- Butter the four toasted halves and set them onto serving plates.
- Top with a tbsp. of Gourmet’s Guacamole
- Top with smoked salmon
- Place a poached egg on top of each slice of salmon.
- Add Hollandaise Sauce (optional) and garnish with a sprig of fresh dill.