|200g Gourmet Belgian white chocolate coins, chopped into small pieces||2 egg yolks||2 tbsp sugar||1 1/4 cups heavy cream|
|1 1/4 cups flour||2 tsp ground ginger||1 tsp baking soda||1/2 tsp salt|
|1/4 tsp ground cloves||1/4 tsp grated nutmeg||1/2 cup pomegranate molasses||1/2 cup sugar|
|1 stick unsalted butter, melted||1 egg||1 1/2 tsp fresh ginger, grated||1/2 cup water|
|700g Ponthier frozen mixed red berries||1/4 cup caster sugar|
- In a large glass bowl, add the chopped white chocolate & set aside.
- Place the egg yolks and sugar in a small bowl and whisk.
- Bring 1/4 cup of the cream to a simmer, in a saucepan over low heat. Slowly add the cream into the yolk and sugar bowl. Pour the cream mixture back into the saucepan and gently stir until thick.
- Pour the hot cream mixture into a fine mesh sieve, placed directly over the bowl with chocolate. Stir until completely smooth.
In a separate bowl, whip 1 cup cream to form stiff peaks. Fold half the whipped cream into the white chocolate mixture to lighten and then fold the remaining whipped cream.
- Preheat oven to 175C. Place a sheet of parchment paper at the bottom of baking pan and lightly spray pan with baking spray.
- In a large bowl, sift the flour with the ground ginger, salt, cloves, nutmeg & baking soda. In another bowl beat the molasses with the sugar & butter at medium speed until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg & fresh ginger. Beat in the dry ingredients at low speed followed by the water. Spread the batter in the baking pan.
- Bake the gingerbread for 20 min, rotating pan once. Let the gingerbread cool on a rack for 30 min, then remove it from pan and let cool for 1 hour. Refrigerate until firm for 1 hour. Peel off the parchment paper and cut gingerbread into 1 inch cubes.
Leave berries to thaw completely. Place 3/4 of the berries into a mixer with the caster sugar and puree.
Add a spoonful of gingerbread mixture to 8 dessert glasses. Layer with a spoonful of white chocolate mousse followed by a layer of the berry mixture. Repeat process once more. Garnish with fresh cherries or remaining berries.