|250g Gourmet beef mince (optional)||8 large tomatoes||2 onions, finely chopped||2 cloves of garlic, minced|
|1 zucchini, chopped||1 jar chopped tomatoes||Handful of parsley, chopped||2 tbsp tomato paste|
|500g rice||Extra virgin olive oil||Maldon sea salt||Freshly ground black pepper|
|Pinch of oregano||1 pack Dodoni feta cheese|
- Slice & remove the top of the tomatoes. With a spoon scoop out the flesh of the tomatoes & set aside in a bowl. Season the hollow tomatoes with sea salt & set aside.
- In a blender mix together the flesh of the tomatoes, 5 tbsp olive oil & tomato paste; set aside.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, add a drizzle of olive oil followed by the onions & minced beef. Once the meat is cooked, add the zucchini & garlic, & sauté for 1 more minute.
- Add the rice, and continue sautéing, followed by the jar of chopped tomatoes. Once the liquid is absorbed, remove from heat & stir in the fresh parsley.
- In a baking pan, spoon the rice stuffing inside the hollow tomatoes. Season with salt & pepper & pour the tomato sauce over the tomatoes. Cover the tomatoes with their top piece & add a drizzle of olive oil over tomatoes.
- Cover the gemista with foil & bake in a pre-heated oven at 180C for approximately 45 minutes. Remove foil halfway through cooking time, for your tomatoes to obtain a nice colour.
- Serve the gemista with some greekDodoni feta, a drizzle of olive oil & a pinch of oregano.