|8 ripe medium tomatoes, peeled||1 cucumber||1 green pepper||1 red pepper|
|1/4 red onion (optional)||1 garlic clove||1 red chilli (optional)||2-3 slices of day old French bread without the edges|
|1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil||1 tbsp vinegar||Handful of fresh basil leaves||Water|
- Cut the day old bread into pieces. Then put it in a shallow plate in water until it is fully wet. Squeeze the water out with your hand. Add salt & a bit of olive oil.
- Chop tomatoes, cucumber, green pepper, red pepper, chilli& onion into medium pieces & mix them together in an electric blender. Add a few teaspoons of water, the garlic & the vinegar, & blend until it is pureed. Around 2 min. Do it in batches until the full amount is done.
- Get a sieve, & pass the mixture through the sieve so that all rough pieces are kept in the sieve. If it’s too thick, give sieve a shake. Throw the rough veggies in sieve away.
- Blend the day old bread with the olive oil.
- Blend the pureed vegetables with the bread & oil mix in batches.
- Put the gazpacho in a jug, or Tupperware & chill in the fridge for 2 hours or overnight.
- Serve gazpacho in a cup, bowl, or shot glasses with a garnish of fresh basil leaves & a grind of fresh black pepper.
You May Also Like