|2 Packs Gourmet Young Angus Beef Cubes||2 Cups Egyptian Rice||3 Tbsp. Tomato Paste|
|2 Loaves Baladi Egyptian Bread||1 Tbsp. Bay Leaves||1 Tsp. Cardamom|
|1/2 tsp. Mastic||10 Garlic Cloves, crushed||1/2 Cup Vinegar|
|1 Whole Golden Onion, peeled||2 Tbsp. Unsalted Butter||Salt & Pepper|
- In a large saucepan, bring water to a boil over medium-high heat & add bay leaves, cardamom, mastic, whole onion, salt & pepper
- Add cubes to the stock, turn the heat down, cover with a lid and let the beef simmer until very tender. This may take up to 2 hours.
- Once cooked, remove the meat and reserve the remaining stock.
- Wash and rinse the rice. Place in a saucepan with double the amount of water and a pinch of salt and stir once. Bring to the boil, then turn the heat down and cover the pan tightly with a lid. Cook on the lowest heat possible for 10-15 mins.
- Cut up the loaves of bread into squares and arrange the into a single layer on a half-sheet pan. Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until the bread is toasted and dried out.
- In a pan, melt butter over low-medium heat and add crushed garlic, stirring till the garlic turns yellow.
- Add tomato paste to the garlic and ½ cup of vinegar
Spread layer of bread at the base of a serving dish
Add a ladle of the reserved stock liquid
Top with a layer of tomato sauce
Add Meat Cubes
Cover with rice
Add the remaining tomato sauce
Garnish with raw shaved almonds and parsley