|1 clove garlic, halved||1 1/4 chicken or vegetable stock||1 tsp lemon juice||225g emmental cheese, grated|
|225g gruyere cheese, grated||1/2 tsp nutmeg||1 tsp cornflour||1 tsp kirsch (optional)|
|1/2 tsp white pepper||Gourmet freshly baked bread, cut in small pieces|
- Rub the inside of the fondue pot with the garlic halves.
- Add the stock and lemon juice to the pot and heat until hot but not boiling.
- If using kirsch, blend with the cornflower, otherwise use water.
- Add a handful of cheese at a time to the mixture, stirring constantly and not adding more cheese until the previous cheese has melted.
- Season with white pepper and nutmeg.
- Remove pot from the heat and place over a safety burner on the table.
- Adjust the burner flame so the fondue continues to simmer gently.
- Serve with bread pieces on skewers and dip into the creamy fondue!
You May Also Like