Gourmet Oriental Frozen Cabbage Mahshi
How to Prepare Our Cabbage Mahshi
Watch how easy it is to cook our handcrafted all natural Cabbage or 'Kronb' Mahshi, ready to eat in just 30 minutes. Whether you're a beginner or expert, follow this basic recipe and show off at your next gathering!
1. Slice 1 onion and 2 tomatoes and arrange at the base of a medium-sized pot.
2. Layer the mahshi on top.
3. Add 750ml of Gourmet vegetable stock & season with your favorite spices, olive oil & 1 tbsp of tomato paste.
4. Cover the mahshi with a plate and then cover the pot with a lid.
5. Once the water boils, simmer for 30 minutes.
6. Serve on a large platter with sliced lemons.
- Layer the bottom of a medium sized pot with thinly sliced onions and tomatoes.
- Arrange Mahshi on top.
- Bring 3 cups of water or preferred stock to a boil, add 1 tsp salt, 1 tsp Lebanese 7 Spices and a dash of pepper.
- Pour the seasoned liquid and place a plate on top of the Mahshi to compress.
- Cover pot with lid and bring to a boil then simmer for 30 minutes.
- Uncover and add ½ cup of lemon juice mixed with ¼ cup olive oil and cook for a further 60 minutes.