|6 cups plain yogurt||1 large tbsp tahini||1/2 a lemon, squeezed|
|2 garlic cloves, finely crushed||Pinch of Maldon sea salt|
|500 g Gourmet minced beef||2 kg eggplants, peeled & diced||2 jars tomato pulp||1 tbsp pomegranate molasses|
|2 garlic cloves, crushed||1 bag flat bread||1 cup Gourmet roasted pine nuts||1/2 black pepper|
|Maldon sea salt||Pinch of nutmeg||1/4 tsp cinnamon||Vegetable oil|
|Handful of fresh parsley, chopped|
- To make the yogurt topping, add all the ingredients in a bowl, mix well & set aside.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a deep pan, add the eggplant & fry until golden brown. Drain on kitchen paper & set aside.
- Saute the onion in the vegetable oil for 1-2 min. Add the minced beef & the spices. Keep stirring so the meat has a crumbled texture.
- Fry or roast the pine nuts & add half to the meat.
- Add the tomato pulp & allow to summer for a few min., then add the pomegranate molasses just before turning off the heat.
- Cut flat bread into squares, deep fry in very hot vegetable oil until golden-brown. Set aside on kitchen paper to drain excess oil.
- To serve, place the fried flat bread at the bottom of your serving dish; heat the mince & tomato sauce; add the fried eggplant & allow to boil together. Don’t stir too much as it will break the eggplants.
- Add the misture on top of the bread; top with the yogurt sauce, garnish with the chopped parsley and remaining pine nuts.