- Chilled Pea Soup
|½ bunches sliced spring onion||1 tbsp olive oil||1 potato (diced)||1 hot vegetable stock|
|½ bunch mint leaves||Knob of butter||900g frozen peas|
For the Croutons
|2 tbsp butter||20 ¼ inch thick baguette bread slices||1 cup grated Gruyere cheese|
|1 tsp minced fresh thyme||1 tsp minced fresh sage|
- Add the olive oil into a deep pan over medium heat. Add the spring onions & potato & fry for about 5 min. Pour in the stock, bring to a boil and allow to simmer until the potato is tender approx. 10 min.
- Add the peas to the pan & bring to a boil & cook for 3 min.
- Remove the pan from the heat, add the mint leaves and pour the mixture into a blender or food processor and blend until the soup is smooth. Transfer soup to a large bowl, and place in a larger bowl filled with ice water. Set aside and leave to chill.
- Preheat broiler.
- Butter one side of each bread slice; spread bread over a baking sheet, buttered side facing up.
- Broil until golden, approx. 1 min. Turn over sprinkle with Gruyere, sage and thyme.
- Broil until cheese melts.
- Ladle soup into bowls, top with croutons & serve.
You May Also Like