During holiday seasons one inevitable delicious guest is always invited to the dining table, the turkey! It's one of the most popular gather-around main dishes for celebrating special food moments. This holiday season, Gourmet did all the works for you by bringing you brined, marinated and buttered fresh turkeys frozen for your convenience. You simply need to defrost and roast, where tender and juicy turkey bites are guaranteed. You can also order our pre-cooked turkey and choose from our fresh selection of salads and sides delivered to your doorstep, where you simply serve! Our whole turkeys serve around 20 to 25 guests.
You will need:
* Deep baking tray (disposable tray is easier)
* Vegetables & herbs,coarsely chopped to line the baking tray (e.g. carrots, potatoes, onions, garlic, celery, leeks, rosemary, thyme & bay leaves)
* 3 Tbsp. Olive Oil
* Maldon Sea Salt
* Black pepper
* 2 cups water
* Gourmet Roasted Vegetables
* Rosemary Sticks
1. Defrost turkey in fridge for 48 hours.
2. Bring turkey to room temperature for at least 1 hour before cooking.
3. Preheat oven to 180°C.
4. Line a deep baking tray with the vegetables & herbs.
5. Remove plastic film from turkey.
6. Place fully defrosted turkey on top of the vegetables & add water to the bottom of the tray.
7. Rub 3 Tbsp. of olive oil over the turkey.
8. Lightly season with Maldon Sea Salt & black pepper.
9. Loosely cover the turkey with aluminum foil & place it in the oven.
10. Cook turkey according to its weight: calculate 30 min. per 1 kg.
11. For colour & flavour, brush some of the liquid from the baking dish all over the turkey during the cooking process.
12. Insert a thermometer into the thickest part of the turkey’s breast. It’s perfectly cooked when the temperature is 70°C.
13. Remove from oven & cover with foil for 30 min.
14. Decorate your serving dish with our roasted vegetables, walnuts, cranberries & rosemary sticks.
Whole Turkey, Butter, Parsley, Green Onion, Lemon Zest, Red Chilli Pepper, Garlic, Rosemary, Maldon Sea Salt, Black Pepper, Thyme