What Makes Salmon So Special
- Salmon is one of the best sources of Omega 3 credited with decreasing inflammation, lowering blood pressure and increasing cardiovascular health.
- It is a great source of protein, vitamin B, potassium associated with protecting bone health and preventing muscle loss.
- Contains Astaxanthin, an antioxidant that benefits heart, brain, nervous system and skin health.
- Consuming salmon may help you control your weight by reducing appetite, boosting metabolic rate, increasing insulin sensitivity and decreasing belly fat.
- Frequent salmon consumption may help reduce symptoms of anxiety and depression, protect fetal brain health in pregnancy and decrease the risk of age-related memory problems.
- Loaded with Selenium, a mineral involved in protecting bone health, improving thyroid function and reducing the risk of cancer.
Salmon has a delicious flavour and can be prepared in many different ways.