- The Best Banana Pancakes
|1 cup flour||2 tbsp sugar||2 tsp baking powder||½ tsp salt|
|1 over ripe banana, peeled||1 cup skimmed milk||2 large eggs||½ tsp vanilla extract|
|Vegetable oil||3 tbsp unsalted butter, melted||Maple syrup or honey||Fresh blueberries, bananas|
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, salt and baking powder.
- In a small bowl, mesh the banana with a fork until smooth. Continue by adding the eggs, then the milk followed by the vanilla and whisk until smooth and evenly incorporated.
- Pour the banana mix into the flour bowl.
- Fold the batter gently, but do not over mix. The mixture should be thick and with lumps.
- Heat a non stick pan over medium heat. When hot, add a spoonful of butter with a drizzle of vegetable oil onto the pan. Add ¼ cup of the batter onto the pan, spacing the pancakes about 2 inches apart. Once the pancakes begin to form holes or bubbles (approximately 2 min), flip and cook the other side until golden brown.
- Serve the pancakes with maple syrup of honey and garnish with fresh blueberries and bananas.
You May Also Like