|1 pack phyllo pastry dough||1/2 cup butter, melted||500ml milk||2 tbsp sugar|
|250g mascarpone or ricotta cheese||90g semolina flour||1/2 cup corn oil||1 tsp rose water (optional)|
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Mix the sugar & milk in a saucepan over medium heat. Once the sugar dissolves, add the semolina flour & mix constantly until thick, approx. 5 min. Remove from heat, add the cheese, rosewater & mix until combined; set aside to cool.
- In a saucepan, melt the butter & mix in the canola oil. Use this mixture to lightly brush the baking pan.
- Carefully layer 10 pastry sheets, 1 by 1, onto the baking pan, while brushing each layer with the butter-oil mixture.
- Give the cheese filling a quick stir & pour into the baking pan on top of the phyllo dough. Spread the filling evenly across the phyllo.
- Repeat step 4 with the remaining phyllo sheets on top of the cheese mixture, brushing each layer with the butter-oil mixture.
- Using a sharp knife, cut the baklava into 24 diagonal pieces & bake for 45 min. or until crisp & golden.
You May Also Like