- Almond Fig Cake
|1 cup flour||1 cup dried figs, chopped||3/4 cup butter||1 cup sugar|
|3 eggs||3 tbsp water||1 tsp vanilla extract||1 cup almonds, blanched & ground|
|1 1/2 tsp baking powder||Pinch of salt|
White Chocolate Coconut Icing
|2 tbsp honey||3 tbsp coconut milk||3 tbsp cream cheese|
|3 tbsp Gourmet white chocolate buttons, finely chopped||Handful of fresh figs, for garnish||Pinch of Maldon sea salt|
- Preheat oven to 180C & grease a loaf pan.
- Mix the butter & sugar together until creamy & beat in the eggs one at a time. Add the vanilla extract & the water & beat until combined.
- In a separate bowl, stir the ground almonds, flour & baking powder together.
- Stir the dry mixture into the wet ingredients & add the chopped dried figs.
- Pour the batter into your loaf ban & bake for 45 min. or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- To make the icing, add the coconut milk, honey & salt to a small saucepan & simmer over medium heat. Turn off heat & whisk in white chocolate until fully incorporated. Add the cream cheese 1 tbsp at a time & stir until icing is smooth. Set aside & cool for 20 min.
- To serve, drizzle the icing over the cake & assemble fresh figs on top.
You May Also Like